22 ways you know you're from West
1. You have used the phrase "fixin to" during the last twelve months.
2. Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan their wedding date.
3. You have ever been excused from school because "the cows got out", or "we had to irrigate".
4. You can properly pronounce Pecos, Pyote, and Iraan.
5. You know exactly what calf fries are, and eat them anyway.
6. You can recall hot summers by the year they happened easier than you can remember your mother's birthday.
7. You know why there's a town named "Notrees".
8. You've seen coyotes digging a new hole 10 feet off the ground lots of times.
9. You believe that more than 3 inches a year is a
10. You think that people who complain about the wind in their states are wimps.
11. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door but by the availability of shade.
12. You have owned at least one belt buckle bigger than your fist.
13. You can write 3 paragraphs about every person living in your town.
14. A bad traffic jam involves two cars staring each other down at a four-way stop, each determined to be the most polite and let the other go first.
15. You know that Odessa-Midland will never
be...it will always be Odessa and Midland.
16. Your "place at the lake" has wheels under it
17. You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition and bait all in the same store.
18. A Mercedes Benz is not a status symbol. A Ford F150 4x4 is.
19. You know that everything goes better with Ranch.
20. You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned how to multiply.
21. You can speak Tex-Mex as a second language.
22. Finally, you are definitely from West Texas if you have ever had this conversation:
"You wanna Coke?"